Steven M. Siegel Partner / San Diego and Southern California workers' compensation defense attorney
As a principal at Siegel, Moreno & Stettler, Mr. Siegel has dedicated most of his practice to representing municipalities and defending public safety cases.
- Successfully founded and built Siegel, Moreno & Stettler, which provides legal specialization in the defense of global issues involving Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Handles a wide wage of insurance defense matters at the state and federal level.
- Lauded for effectiveness in dealing with the medical mil phenomena in the Workers’ Compensation community.
- Demonstrates vast expertise in medical cross examination.
- Served as a pro tem judge, an arbitrator in general liability and workers’ compensation matters.
- Joined McCormick & Mitchell, the firm which later became SMS in 1983 and became a full partner in 1986.
- Worked for the San Diego City Attorney’s Office in the prosecution of consumer fraud matters.
- Has tried actions before the Municipal Court, Superior Court and successfully argued Appellate matters.
California Practice Specialties
- Defense of Worker’s Compensation claims
- General liability
- Fraud investigations
- J.D. – California Western School of Law, San Diego (1976)
- B.A. in Business Administration – United States International University, San Diego (1973) – Athletic Scholarship.
Professional Memberships and Honors
- California Bar Association
- Served as president of the San Diego Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys Association.