Scott G. Stettler Partner / San Diego and Southern California workers' compensation defense attorney
With deep experience within the insurance industry, Mr. Stettler excels at understanding how to defend Workers’ Compensation claims in California from the perspective of both an experienced litigator and claims handler.
- Founded and built Siegel, Moreno & Stettler and helped the firm distinguish itself as a leading Workers’ Compensation and Subrogation law firm in Southern California.
- Prior to graduation from law school, was employed by Golden Eagle Insurance for eight years; served in the litigation department as a hearing representative for three years.
- While in the litigation department, was responsible for litigation management and handled appearances throughout the Southern California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Boards.
- Aided in the evaluation of OBAE audit functions conducted by the state.
- Experience at Golden Eagle primarily related to the defense of Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Prior to departing Golden Eagle Insurance, was promoted to manage the Subrogation department. During tenure as manager, the subrogation department was seen as a leader in the industry for paid loss return percentages.
California Practice Specialties
- Defense of Workers’ Compensation claims
- Serious and Willful Misconduct and 132(a) discrimination claims
- Worker’s compensation subrogation
- School district Workers’ Compensation defense
- J.D. – University of San Diego School of Law – cum laude
- B.A. in Political Science – Ohio University (1989)
Professional Memberships and Honors
- California Bar Association
- Two american jurisprudence awards
- Two corpus juris secundum awards