Lauren J. Feliciano Associate / Los Angeles and Southern California workers' compensation defense attorney
As the newest Associate in the SMS Los Angeles office, Lauren brings superb cross examination skills that have propelled her to the highest levels of achievement in workers’ compensation defense litigation. Her SMS clients are already amazed at her deposition preparedness and sharp negotiating skills.
- The Law Office of Berger & Michelena: As an associate, represented applicants in all facets of the workers’ compensation system; responsible for a high case volume; worked up and evaluated case files; made daily appearances on numerous WCAB conferences, trials, and/or expedited hearings; prepared and accompanied applicants to depositions; conducted doctor cross-examinations with AMA Guides proficiency; conducted legal research; drafted trial briefs, motions, and petitions.
- Pebble Beach Company: As a Legal Affairs Intern Assisted general counsel with drafting sponsorship and licensing contracts; conducted legal research and wrote legal memoranda; investigated possible trademark infringements; drafted updates to the employee handbook.
- Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office: As a law clerk, drafted motions; assisted the Deputy District Attorney during court proceedings; researched new case law regarding due process issues.
- Monterey City Attorney’s Office: As a legal intern, Wrote legal memoranda; took notes and read case law for the Assistant City Attorney during court proceedings;
assisted the paralegal with filing, copying, telephone calls, and bates-stamping.
- J.D. – Southwestern Law School (2014): Recipient of CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Intellectual Property (Spring, 2014); Witkin Award for Academic Excellence, Remedies (Fall, 2013), Dean’s Merit Award Scholarship (2013-2014); Professor Zervas Memorial Scholarship (2013-2014); Top 20%.
- B.A. History & Sociology – University of California, Santa Barbara (2010): Recipient: University Award of Distinction (2010); Dean’s List (2008-2010).
- California Bar Association