Kathryn L. Rooney Partner / Orange County and Southern California workers' compensation defense attorney | Manager, Orange County Office
As an associate with Siegel, Moreno & Stettler since 2002, Ms. Rooney specializes in defense of California Workers’ Compensation claims on behalf of professional sports teams, hospitals, school districts and third party administrators.
- Excels in up-to-the minute analysis of current changes in the law, liens, exposure, and jurisdictional issues.
- Responsible for managing work groups and manages cases on an aggressive basis with a focus on mitigation of costs to clients.
- Case management duties include initial assessment, discovery, legal and medical research, preparation of opinion letters, negotiations, conclusion of case through settlement, arbitration or trial, appeal/Petition for Reconsideration if necessary, and finalizing lien settlement of outstanding medical provider charges, including negotiation and/or litigation.
- Supervisory duties include overseeing the work of four associates and necessary paralegals/support staff, as well as providing direction, reviews, salary recommendations, and counseling.
Currently supervises the Orange County offices of SMS.
- J.D – University of San Diego – San Diego, CA (2003)
- B.A. in History with a Minor in Political Science – Randolph-Macon College – Ashland, VA (2000)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- Soldiers’ Angels – Volunteer
- Marine Special Operations Command – Volunteer, Fundraiser
- Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA – Board of Managers
- YMCA Encinitas Bike-a-Thon – Planning Committee, Captain, Committee Chair
- Helen Woodward Animal Center – Planning Committee
- USA Triathlon Organization (Ironman) – Competitor