Joseph Lee Associate / Los Angeles and Southern California workers' compensation defense attorney
As an associate for Siegel, Moreno & Stettler, Mr. Lee shares his wealth of workers’ compensation defense experience with our clients and always aims for an aggressive and fair outcome.
Attorney: Telleria, Telleria & Levy (2015)
- Provided legal representation to applicants in worker’s compensation matters.
- Represented injured workers in defense-requested depositions.
- Prepared witnesses for deposition.
- Negotiated settlements on behalf of applicants.
Adjunct Instructor/Paralegal Externship Coordinator: Career College of California (July 2015-Sept 2015)
- Instructed evening students in a variety of subjects pursuant to the approved paralegal program, including but not limited to law office procedures, litigation, criminal law and procedure, torts, contracts, property, family law, estates, business law, bankruptcy, and legal research and writing.
- Maintained detailed and accurate records of attendance and performance.
- Prepared and delivered curriculum in a dynamic and engaging way.
- Facilitated student placement at externship worksite and ensure successful completion of externship program.
Ask-an- Expert Support Attorney: Kaplan (May 2015-July 2015)
- Provided legal research and support to student during their bar review study course. Answering all questions posed by students in a timely and efficient manner, ranging from substantive law, multiple-choice and essay.
Coverage Attorney: Los Angeles Dependency Lawyers Sept 2010-May 2015
- Provided legal representation to parents in juvenile dependency proceedings within the Los Angeles County Juvenile Dependency Court.
- Ethically advocated for my clients’ interests through all stages of the dependency proceedings.
- Provided full court coverage when assigned attorneys are on leave.
- Filed all necessary motions,pleadings, responses and objections as required and reviewed cases to properly and timely file writs and appeals.
- Supervised new attorneys, law students and paralegals and prepared them to handle all matters in and out of the assigned courtroom.
Contract Attorney (June 2007-August 2010)
- Reviewed documents for relevance, attorney-client privilege, work product and confidentiality in pharmaceutical sales patent infringement, anti-trust and medical malpractice cases.
- Worked with various firms including Jones Day, Munger Tolles & Olson; O’Melveny & Myers; Quinn Emanuel, and Reed Smith.
Deputy Public Defender II: Office of the Public Defender (June 2006-May 2007)
- Safeguarded individual rights in criminal and misdemeanor traffic related matters, from arrest or threat of confinement through all stages of criminal proceedings, including arraignment, settlement negotiation, trial, sentencing, appeal and parole board matters.
Attorney: King, Nakamura & Chun-Hoon Dec (2003-May 2006)
- Provided legal services in the field of workers compensation, employment and labor law, performed document review, legal research, analysis and writing.
- Enforced employee rights for members of ILWU Local 142 pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement in grievant related arbitration and applicants in insurance related worker’s compensation claims, including deposition settlement negotiation and hearings.
Law Clerk: Legal Aid of Hawaii (Jan 2004-April 2004)
- Assisted attorneys in providing legal assistance to family with family law related issues.
- Led self-help divorce modification clinics and restraining order clinics for low income clients.
- Performed legal research, analysis and writing on family law related issues.
Law Clerk: Na Loio- Immigrant Rights and Public Interest Legal Center June 2003-Sept 2003
- Assisted attorneys in providing legal assistance to persons with immigration-related issues.
- Helped abused immigrant spouses and children in VAWA proceedings, immigrants in removal proceedings, asylum seekers and naturalization applicants in preparation of their applications.
California Practice Specialties
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- J.D. – University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law (2004)
- B.A. in Criminology Law and Society – University of California, Irvine (1999)
- B.A. in Psychology and Social Behavior – University of California, Irvine (1999)
Professional Memberships and Positions Held
- California Bar Association
- Hawaii Bar Association (voluntarily inactive)
- Attorney: Christian Legal Aid (May 2009-August 2010)
- Attorney: Immigration Legal Assistance Project (January 2008-May 2008)
- Vice President-Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity (August 2003-May 2004)
- President-Advocates for Public Interest Law (May 2002-May 2007)