Fernando Navarrete Associate / Los Angeles and Southern California workers' compensation defense attorney
Mr. Navarrete excels in providing legal representation for clients who are typically workers’ compensation insurance carriers, to defend workers’ compensation claims filed by applicants
Associate Attorney: Floyd, Skeren & Kelly, LLP, Long Beach, CA (2013 – 2016 )
- Responsibilities included case assessment; consulting with clients, witnesses and claims personnel to develop litigation strategies; attended hearings, depositions and trials; drafted and responded to a multitude of case-related documents including standard workers’ compensation forms and pleadings, position papers and related documents.
Project Manager, Design & Construction: Navarrete & Associates, Los Angeles, CA (June 2013-December 2013)
- Drafted design services agreements, fee statement schedules, and correspondence to clients regarding the status of their project.
- Presented design solutions to clients and negotiated services agreements.
- Organized appointments with engineers, draftsmen, and city inspectors.
- Managed daily business operations.
Advocate/Translator, Center for Children’s Rights: Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, CA (Aug. 2012 – Dec. 2012)
- Advocated on behalf of children with developmental disabilities.
- Conducted legal research, drafted memoranda regarding case status to clients and supervising attorneys, drafted compliance complaints.
- Managed multiple cases simultaneously, maintained regular client contact, and quickly answered client inquiries.
- Translated written and verbal material from English to Spanish.
Legal Assistant: Floyd, Skeren & Kelly LLP, Culver City, CA (July 2009 – July 2010)
- Managed assignments from five attorneys, successfully prioritizing tasks.
- Transcribed memoranda regarding case status to clients and attorneys.
- Organized appointments with various entities and closed all office files.
- Lanterman Special Education Law Clinic (Oct. 2013 – Dec 2013)
J.D.: Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, CA (2013)
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Class Rank: Top 10% (20/210)
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship (Two Years)
- CALI Award (Highest grade),
- Uniform Commercial Code 1
- Fluent in Spanish