Adam Tatlow Associate / Orange County and Southern California workers' compensation defense attorney
Practicing in our Orange County office, Mr. Tatlow specializes in Worker’s Compensation Defense and proudly serves clients throughout Southern California. He is known for his diligence and dedication and is a welcome member of the SMS team.
Admitted to California State Bar, June 2010. Bar number is 270156.
WESTERN STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW, Fullerton, California – Juris Doctor (2009)
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence – Constitutional Law, Spring 2008.
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, California – Bachelor of Arts in Sociology (2002)
LAW OFFICES OF DOUGLAS W. LARR, Irvine, California – Associate Attorney
August 2, 2010 – Present
- Aggressive representation of employers and insurance carriers rights in the defense of worker’s compensation, Labor Code Section 132(a), and Serious and Willful Misconduct claims. This entails handling worker’s compensation claims from beginning to end, including the filing of Petitions for Reconsideration/Removal and the filing of Writs.
- Handling subrogation claims on behalf of insurance carriers.
- Extensive legal research skills both on a conventional and computerized basis.
- Writing of legal motions and pleadings.
- Interviewing potential witnesses for trial/deposition proceedings.
- Deposing applicants, doctors and/or witnesses for case preparation.
WALLIN & KLARICH, A LAW CORPORATION, Tustin, California – Legal Assistant/Law Clerk
June 2002 – August, 1 2010
- Perform extensive research and prepare legal memoranda on criminal law issues.
- Interview clients and/or potential witnesses.
- Speaks with new, and existing, clients regarding their cases and potential avenues for resolving their legal issues.
- Create trial binders for Partner of firm. Assist with trial preparation.
- Prepare criminal motions, and have them filed with appropriate parties.
- Motions to Sever, Motions to Suppress Evidence, Motion for Jury View, Bail Motions, Sentencing Memoranda, Discovery Motions, Motions to Continue.
- Schedule appointments and court appearances for attorneys.
- Organize case materials and update master files.
- Interact with District Attorney’s Office regarding status of client cases.
- Collaborate with Experts and Private Investigators regarding case details.
- Set future court dates, organize proffer sessions, and coordinate client interactions with the Assistant United States Attorney.
Draft sentencing briefs in federal criminal cases.
- E-file federal documents.
- Research: Internet Search Engines, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, Westlaw Next
- Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, Time Matters, Legal Solutions, EAMS site and forms, and various
- internet applications such as Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Operating Systems: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- University of Southern California Trojan Marching Band.
- Volunteer for J.E.P. (Joint Educational Program).
- Volunteer for Spirits in Action.
- Volunteer for Swim with Mike.